Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Succulent Still Life Junior High Art Lesson

Basically - I bought a whole bunch of succulents last year and managed to kill most of them before we even had a chance to get to this lesson.

Kill succulents?  Yeah.  I don't know. Too much water?  Not enough sun?  Not enough water? Too much sun. No idea.

I wanted each eighth grader to have their own, then for our second project we would make a clay pot for the succulent - but they got too dead for that.

The succulents, not the eighth graders.

Here is the lesson directions and rubric.  Its on TPT, but it is free. I did not actually follow the directions that I had written out though.  I wrote the directions thinking we were going to be looking at photographs of succulents, and not have the actual succulents in front of us.  The directions we actually followed are in this video.  The rubric included is also a little generic, and I altered a few things after I taught this to my actual students.  But it gets the main points across.



One of the coolest things that did happen with this lesson was all of the students using their music stand lights from Uncle Jon's Music in beautiful downtown Westmont.  I highly recommend investing in a set for yourself. 














No comments:

Post a Comment