Sunday, September 1, 2013

Monuments Around the World: Free PowerPoint/Slideshow to match my table signs


My classroom theme this year is Monuments Around the World.  I made seven signs that hang up above my tables.  They are color coded so I can call a table by color, and they each feature a famous monument...so I can also call the Eiffel Tower table.  Using something besides the color to call a table switches it up a bit, and creates teachable moments.  In the past I have used artist names, works of art, planets, sea creatures, and even zoo animals!

In conjunction with my signs - I put together this super basic PowerPoint  that displays each table color and sign, and then lists a few facts about the monument.  It has been a good introduction to the monuments and the kids have been receptive to learning about their team sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment