Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Organizing class projects that are in-progress.

I am fortunate to teach at two schools that are grade-level centers. Therefore, I only need to have three grades prepped at a time- depending on what building I am in.  Even with only three lessons going at a time- my room was usually messy. Counter space is limited, and I was often frustrated that my lesson files, examples, and lesson specific supplies were in piles all over the room.
I started putting lesson supplies in grade level boxes to stack and store on my counter. I got a stack of fruit/veggie boxes from Costco and labeled them. Now, everything is handy for the next week.  When that class comes in I spread out their supplies on the counter, then return them to the box when I am done.  When a unit is finished, I empty the box and start again.

No comments:

Post a Comment