Saturday, March 9, 2019

Here's a lesson about making 2D circles into Spheres with Oil Pastels


I've done this lesson a few times with paint with my third graders and up - and this year I changed it to using oil pastels and had much more success!  The biggest issue I've had is continually saying spheres and avoiding the word "balls" until it becomes painfully awkward.

I got this lesson idea off of Pinterest from KatieMorrisArt.com.  She had her students draw balls and make them look 3D.





Here are the directions I made for this lesson.  My students are practicing first, then we will take our 4-6 best spheres and putting them on top of a woven background.














Here is the handout I made of all the different "How to Draw Balls" pages from KatieMorrisArt and some I drew.









And here is my YouTube Video demonstrating the color mixing and blending tints and shades. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment