Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Super Secret Graffiti Movie Appropriate for your Elementary Art Students.

A million and 12 years ago I made a handout on "How to Write Your Name Graffiti Style".  It's had some success in my TPT store, and I still use it in my classroom, so I consider it a success.  Kids love to learn about graffiti and street art.  But, I'm no street artist and my limited knowledge of writing fancy is literally all on the handout.


I was always looking for some elementary school appropriate resources on graffiti and street art, without much luck.  Like, sometimes part of a book was good - but then it went dark real quick. Street art can be sort of controversial, so in addition to seeing gang tags or nudity I'd have to make sure kids weren't getting a confused view of the legality of the subject.  Sometimes a video was good. However, it might not get into the depth I was looking for or it was 2 hours long and a snoozefest.


If you read all of that and didn't just scroll to the super secret video, I'm so proud of you.  


So, I edited the TED ed movie myself, which is sort of ridiculous, but aptly named "Graffiti Redux". It originally didn't have all the information about the artists I wanted my kiddos to know.  It had toooo much information about stuff I didn't need. Plus, It  had animated breasts which I knew would freak out my seventh graders.



It's currently unlisted on my YouTube channel, and has been flagged with a copyright claim, which is completely legit - but I think it just means I can't make money from it.  Now that I'm advertising it, it might just get taken down!  Oh no!  But on a serious note, where are these art teachers making money off of YouTube?  I gotta get in on that.  Yadda yadda - enjoy.

I have a few other posts about graffiti and street art projects if you're interested.




1 comment:

  1. Urban Titanium - Tile Design | TITanium Art
    Urban edge titanium titanium is an ancient titanium legs Chinese ceramic art form that is used titanium guitar chords to decorate the walls titanium athletics of the palace, city and temple, and is often used 2018 ford ecosport titanium as decoration

    ReplyDelete