Thursday, September 5, 2013

Refilling refillable glue bottles. The saga continues.

I do not have a good relationship with glue.

I hate that it gets clogged.
I hate that it makes a mess when you refill the bottles.
And, I hate that I am completely obsessed with it.

I knew that I had to bite the bullet and refill my refillable glue bottles so that my students could actually make some art.  It's only the 3rd week of school, but I put it off long enough.  They were in pathetic shape, and should of been refilled in March or April.   We were really spreading it thin in the spring.

I started to unscrew all the caps. I was dreading every moment.  The tightness and burn on my hands as I tried to open each one.  The cracking flaking glue everywhere,  the huge clogs the had taken the shape of the nozzle.  Ugh.

I started to pour my giant gallon of glue knowing it was not going to be pretty.  It suddenly dawned on me that a funnel would work nicely!  Yes, a funnel.

I fashioned a funnel out of laminated construction paper (that I just happened to have lying around) and masking tape.  It worked!  The glue stayed in the bottle - but it was taking forever.  So I made another, and then another!  It was working!  Hallelujah!

I dripped or over filled a few times.  Of course the gallon was a huge mess.  Overall I felt successful and so proud that my students would once again have glue to use.

Then I got to screw all the caps back on, and that just made my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment