Tuesday, March 25, 2014

I love Portlandia. I want all the art to have birds on it.

I've watched and rewatched all of Portlandia a few times now.  I love it.

I was having a day where kids kept asking me what to do.
"What should I draw??"
"I don't know what to put down!!"
"Can you tell me what to draw?"
 "What can I make??"
and I was like,
"AHHHHHHHH!!!!"

My usual response is, "I can't think for you" or "anything you put will work" or "I don't want to see my ideas, I want to see yours." But some days, you're spent.

I started telling kids to "put a bird on it"

Of course, with elementary kids, they have no idea what I am talking about.  But, it seemed like a good response, and I couldn't stop using it.
I made a little poster to hang, but after a Google image search, I realize there are a ton of posters!  I'm not sure how many actually hang in an art room, and I do realize the joke is that the bird is so trite... But like most things, I like to see the opposite and enjoy it for the irony.

No comments:

Post a Comment