Monday, June 2, 2014

Engaging one day projects week! Pixlr Fun on Chromebooks!

Not all my students have Chromebooks this year, so I have been reluctant to use them in the art room.  I always want one fourth grade to be doing the same as the other.  However, this time of year, I see some classes some weeks and some classes, I don't see at all!


I'm not sure how it went down, but the classroom teacher and I decided to have my Thursday morning fourth grade bring their Chromebooks to class.  I knew I could have them do something cool on Pixlr!

What a fun morning!  We spent the first 30 minutes familiarizing ourselves with the program.  I showed them some things on the Promethean Board, and they showed me some fun things too.  They got very creative with Pixlr Express Selfies!

The second half of class I had students make "Keep Calm" posters on Pixlr Editor.  I showed them my Keep Calm  powerpoint and we set up our document together.

Next year every student will have Chromebooks, and I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment