Friday, October 31, 2014

Easy and inexpensive projects that take art to the streets: The best one!! Paper Bag Hats

This was the most amazing Street Fair project I did this summer.  I had been asking friends and family for months to save recyclables for me in anticipation of Street Fair art, but the best was my super surplus of bags from Trader Joe's.

I originally saw another art teacher make paper bag hats with kindergartners a million years ago.  I always loved tem and often replicate the adorable hats by having the kids fold them.  I knew that would get costly, and be a little hectic to do at Westmont's Street Fair.

We began by turning the bags inside out and tight rolling them up to fit kids' heads. I brought streamers, scraps, cupcake cups, markers and die cuts to decorate them.  Everyone enjoyed making their hat, and I loved seeing people walk around wearing bags on their heads!










No comments:

Post a Comment