Monday, November 17, 2014

Spooooky Halloween Coffins - A Ukulele Box project with free brainstorming packet download

I hosted a special Sunday afternoon art project just before Halloween at my studio, No Corner Suns.  I had a fun group of K-2nd grade come in to make some Spooooooky Halloween Art.

I have an unlimited supply of ukulele boxes thanks to my music store owner husband,  I used them at my intermediate school last year to make Ancient Egyptian Sarchophagi, and when I asked my friend what else I could do with them she said "coffins!" and I said "eeeeeeeeeewwwwwww." Thinking of it as an old dusty archaeological find seemed way less creepy than an actual coffin.

We had 1.5 hours for this project.  I put together a brainstorming packet and we went to work. Students started by painting the outside of the boxes, then the insides black.

IMG_5790 At a clean table, we drew something monstrous for the inside of our coffin.  We cut and attached ghosts, wolves, and skeletons!

IMG_5794 IMG_5796
Finally, we drew and traced the outside.

IMG_5799
The paint was still wet when the kids left!  But they had fun and they looked great!

IMG_5803 IMG_5805
What else can we make from these ukulele boxes??

No comments:

Post a Comment