Tuesday, January 27, 2015

The labels of art class: Am I second class?

This post was originally started 11/21/2014

The arts are the second class citizens of my school district.  I feel comfortable writing this because it wasn't me who gave me that label.  It happened when "every teacher at every school will get an ELMO projector" happened.

It wasn't every teacher.  It was every classroom teacher.

It took me a year and a half to get one, but I did finally get one.  Our wonderful tech support guy went through a lot to get it, find it, and make sure it was installed.  What wasn't wonderful was when he came to check on it and complained about what a pain it was to finagle, and said just that: "the special teachers are like second class citizens around here..."

Ugh.  That was deflating.

That's where it ended.  Kind of sad.  

No comments:

Post a Comment