Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Painting Winter Tree Silhouettes on Slices of Wood for Gala Auction Class Art Project


 I made a video to teach my second graders how to paint a winter tree silhouette on  Wood Slices I got off of Amazon. 

  

The genesis of this project came from my ridiculous need to make our group art project for the annual Gala Auction something curriculum appropriate.  Even in weird Covid times I thought it would be a good idea to bring acrylic paint into the second grade classroom and teach the kids about proper painting skills while also teaching them about analogous colors and silhouettes!  What could possibly go wrong?

The end results weren't anything like my expectations on the video, but they still turned out cute.


I have another whole blog post about how I put the Wood Slices in the bottom of some cheap wooden trays and covered them in EnvirotexLite Pour on Resin in case you wanted to know the WHOLE process.

Here's a quick time-lapse of when I poured the resin on the paintings.
Waaaaaay more exciting than the video of me filling the Paint Pots I used for this lesson.

Update 4/11/21.... Uh, for being such a headache, this project made the most at the school auction!







No comments:

Post a Comment