Friday, November 22, 2013

Zombies! Vampires! Monsters! and Selfies! Free monsters and identity slideshow download.

Fourth grade recently completed an intense unit on 19th century photography, self-portraits, and monsters.  I wrote a lesson plan last year describing how we turn one perfectly mapped self-portrait into a monster.

I was most pleased with my students' results this year.  We added depth with light and shade to our faces and learned a lot more about the history of photography.

I made a slideshow (Are you a monster?) that roughly discusses identity and a monster we'd turn in to.  I stole all the images off of Google images.  I tried to choose drawings of the monsters as opposed to photos of costumes or movie characters.  It was a fun little brainstorming lesson and my students liked seeing the monsters turned into art!


No comments:

Post a Comment