Monday, October 27, 2014

Easy and Inexpensive projects that bring art to the streets: TP tube Owls

I spent most Thursday evenings this summer working the Westmont Street Fair.  I had the opportunity to teach a fun mini project to lots and lots of kids while promoting my new art studio.

All the projects had to use cheap materials, since I would sometimes have over 200 kids come visit me!

One week we made toilet paper tube owls!  They were so cute!  There are a TON of things you can do with toilet paper tubes.  We also made toilet paper tube maracas.





Did you know you could buy toilet paper tubes?  Ugh, yeah, I saw them at the Hobby Lobby and made my daughter pose with them.  I've been lambasting the very idea of them ever since, but another mom told me it might be handy for those last minute people who haven't been saving them.  I think it would be cheaper to buy the toilet paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment